If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?




SC




_____________________________



Here is the desk drawer in which all of my odds and ends are kept, tidbits that would otherwise never see the light of day.











Sunday, September 30, 2012

In The Wake, Vaguely


I wanted to tell you before about the not so mysterious someone or something who is eating pears on my back porch, about Dixie getting bloated on moon stuff, and the piece of superwood that rattled my brain parts idiotically. But I was busy being sad and not so much wanting to never get a certain someone’s comments, ever again, in the places I have grown so used to finding them. But that certain someone would think that was an absolutely silly reason to not write the silly things that I write.

And so we write. Despite.

Right?



                                        

6 comments:

  1. perhaps we even write because of that, steven.

    frick and fuck, life is sometimes hard)))

    and so we write through it.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the same thoughts I came to when seeing things and feeling things and doing things since i found out.. he would be so sad to think he was ever the cause of anyone not having their life fulfilled... He'd probably say, "didn't I teach you anything" .........even as I cry.
    .. not easy, but i will try. He won't be forgotten and will always be in that far away stare and that hollow feeling in my heart..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know.
    The certainty of NOT finding a comment from him is a confrontation I want to avoid too.

    But I suppose we can't and shouldn't avoid pain.



    And, for me, you are the only person I know who knew him too.
    You are my link with him now.
    You keep him alive for me.

    So you have to go on.

    Please.



    stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...