If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?




SC




_____________________________



Here is the desk drawer in which all of my odds and ends are kept, tidbits that would otherwise never see the light of day.











Friday, May 10, 2013

So...


... I’m restoring this old house. Like, 1829 kind of old. Real crusty. I’m thinking of starting a new blog to document the process. I know, I hardly write at the blogs I have. But, I really need to make the effort public, see if I can’t stir up some interest in the place. Some interest with money. Maybe add a PayPal link for small donations. Something.
Morrison House
         












    
     The folks who own it (members of the original family, no less), are putting up a pretty good chunk of change and I’m donating labor to some extent. But I don’t know that it’ll cover the entire restoration. We’ll see.
     Anyway, that’s one of the things I’ve been up to. One of the reasons I haven’t been posting much. Plus it’s spring, and the damn grass needs cutting every fifteen freakin’ minutes. Weak apology, but hey, work with me. I’m a busy dude.            

5 comments:

  1. I'm liking your project... it's the kind of stuff that interests me. Seeing what you can do with what you got before somebody else gets it and demolishes it. always makes me feel good to save or transform something into something useful and desirable again.. all my best with it. I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking being a busy dude is a good thing, Steven...

    I LOVE the structure of that house!!! I hope you will post photos of the interior when time permits!

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes post maybe a video document of the process to the house. Charming old house Steven. I hear ya on the busy part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the house blog is an excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So noble an undertaking, restoring old homesteads, I'll be watching and smiling :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...