If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?



SC



_____________________________






Sunday, September 7, 2014

        
          Of the Buckley’s, I wondered which would better sing Hallelujah,
          Father? Son?
          of the muddied rivers that seized their young throats, I thought,
          of my own dark waters,
          of how, aged, I am beyond the tragedy of such angels
          and, should hope, 
          not to be found snared in the shallows,
          but rather, by tender hands,
          tumbled by luck and longevity, smooth as glass.


            

2 comments:

  1. Yes, 'tumbled by luck and longevity, smooth as glass' that's how I want to be found.....
    Your words are magnificent.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...