If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?




SC




_____________________________



Here is the desk drawer in which all of my odds and ends are kept, tidbits that would otherwise never see the light of day.











Saturday, July 7, 2018

The Garden Found


It was only upon request that Richard Tinder would actually divulge information on the needs specific to the flora that consumed his slip of gardened yard—sunlight, soil requirements, pruning tips and what have you. 
     Those out for a stroll, who found Richard at work there and made the mistake of asking for a brief tour, would quickly find that his wealth of horticultural knowledge, his green thumb and keen eye for balance and foresight in planting were all incidental when compared to his great love of the acquisition unrecompensed. 
     Richard would positively beam as he explained how every single item in his garden had been scavenged in one manner or another. The cuttings, the stone, the bird feeders, the bench seats, all of it acquired through some means of his cunning, the details of which, would unfold as tourists brushed past beds rich in Gladiola and Snapdragon, Aster and Peony. 
     'Keep your eyes open,' Richard would advise as they neared the exit gate. 
     'Your garden is out there,' he'd say, pointing with plucked weed to some untold wealth beyond the immediate rooftops. 'Waiting to be had.'






2 comments:

  1. I like, friend Steven … smiles … I solved my gardening issues once and for all this way: Mid June we plant, Mid July everything grows beautifully, Mid August deer and moose enjoy … Mid November … Hunting season as in: If you take from me I will take from you … Works for me … smiles .. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would gladly surrender flowers to a moose, if only one would visit my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...