If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?



SC



_____________________________






Sunday, July 4, 2010

"It's twue, it's twue!"

July the Fourth is living up to its sweltering reputation.

Being 99% hermit, I am not engaged in a traditional celebratory get-together today. I am (was) trying, despite the heat, to catch up on some neglected gardening. Pulling weeds and pruning mostly.

But it’s hot. A 95 degree, Southern kind of hot. And, being 99% hermit, I have, over the years, become aware of the fact that I am the only one who sees my garden, and that I really don’t care if it’s a tad overgrown on the hottest day of the year. I hardly even notice it from inside the air-conditioned house.

I did though manage two “small stones” while out there…

Anise! Anise! Licorice!

And…

Beneath whimsied vines the Wisteria crushes arbor bones with Philistine grip.

Anyway…

Stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. I'm bringing over fireworks. I bet they look great out there.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...