If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?




SC




_____________________________



Here is the desk drawer in which all of my odds and ends are kept, tidbits that would otherwise never see the light of day.











Sunday, July 4, 2010

"It's twue, it's twue!"

July the Fourth is living up to its sweltering reputation.

Being 99% hermit, I am not engaged in a traditional celebratory get-together today. I am (was) trying, despite the heat, to catch up on some neglected gardening. Pulling weeds and pruning mostly.

But it’s hot. A 95 degree, Southern kind of hot. And, being 99% hermit, I have, over the years, become aware of the fact that I am the only one who sees my garden, and that I really don’t care if it’s a tad overgrown on the hottest day of the year. I hardly even notice it from inside the air-conditioned house.

I did though manage two “small stones” while out there…

Anise! Anise! Licorice!

And…

Beneath whimsied vines the Wisteria crushes arbor bones with Philistine grip.

Anyway…

Stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. I'm bringing over fireworks. I bet they look great out there.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...