If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?




SC




_____________________________



Here is the desk drawer in which all of my odds and ends are kept, tidbits that would otherwise never see the light of day.











Friday, August 20, 2010

Alive...For Now.

So Stephanie drops me a note, telling me that I’ve lulled off into Recluseville again.
How many weeks has it been?
I’m glad some one pays attention. Thanks Steph. 
I’d love to say that I’ve been very busy. But mostly I’ve just been cleaning up the paranormal amount of dog hair in my house and writing more shit.
It’s crazy. Hair is just falling off of Dog. Individual hairs, but lots of them. Most of them.
 Underneath, he’s more skin than hair now.
He looks like a chimp, only with more boobs.
It’s this heat wave we are having… which, I’ve been told is the result of Liberals and homos and abortion clinics and Satan and stuff.
Not the su… uh… unnnn, bu… dee. That’s ah… natch… a… rel.

Anyway, I was thinking about dying too, and how crazy that is.
I mean, you're running around and 
BOOM!
you’re gone.
That’s crazy.
Sometimes…
okay, all the time…
when I hear on the radio that so-and-so croaked
 at such-and-such an age.
I do the math.
Like if the person was eighty, I think, “Man, that gives me like thirty-five years.”
I can do a lot in thirty-five years.
But if the person died at, fifty say… I think,
 “Boy, I better get busy, I’ve got a lot of stuff to do and no time to do it.”
Talk about crazy.


8 comments:

  1. The hardest thing for me to know is that
    it's OK to just "be".
    It's hard to just be when those around you expect you to do something.
    I don't want to do something. I just want to "be" with thoughts and actions flowing in and out like the ocean at the sea shore.
    I am aware of dying but I need not worry.
    It will happen in it's own time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep.

    Unfortunatley, being a hermit, I am the one who is not letting me just be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think about dying yet, Steven! We'd miss you far too much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would post pictures of dead squirrels on your blog, Steven. You. Would.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dead squirrel. And I took the picture as well. Think of it as an attempt to capture his acron-size soul after making a poor, 'left or right?' decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dog hair.. so your dog too... My dogs think its better off than on.. I have so many "dust doggies" floating around I can't figure why they aren't all bald yet..

    we are cooking up here too.. never had this long of a heat spell before...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gwen,
    Doggers is the worst. I remember reading about your little shedders (a cute bunch by the way) in your concrete floor post. 'Dust-doggies'... no doubt.

    The heat wave finally reached you? I hope it doesn't do too much damage. We got some rain finally and everything has greened back up pretty good. Now it's cooling down. Winter is coming...as usual.

    Also Gwen...I was going to ask if you have an e-mail address I can send a link to my website and some pictures of the jewelry case I'm working on to. Just use the one on your blog? that looked like business.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Great! send it on... I would love to see your latest creation... bet it's Beautiful!!

    yes.. business and pleasure, that is my one and only email.. so long as the hurricane that is heading our way, up the coast, doesn't put it out.. take care..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...