If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?




SC




_____________________________



Here is the desk drawer in which all of my odds and ends are kept, tidbits that would otherwise never see the light of day.











Wednesday, September 11, 2013

On Not Remembering


He would not have remembered. The day would have moved along as any other, had he not looked at the World’s events, something he rarely did. Even as he stared at photographs of the new Tower, rising in glassy defiance, it was slow to register. Today, he thought, it was today. He had shut from his mind, long ago, the more horrific images of those who chose to jump. They tore too deeply at his gut. But he saw now the flames, the spire of smoke, the absence on the skyline. He would not have remembered. The day would have moved along as any other. But he carried the day with him. He felt its weight, silent as a stone.                                                


4 comments:


  1. very very true.
    And I think that even if maybe you don't notice it, it is present, somehow, in everything you do and say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still struggle with those images of those souls jumping... I can't even begin to understand how bad it must have been in that building for jumping to become a viable option.

    God Bless all of them...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, what "Red Shoes" said....God Bless all of them.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...