If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?




SC




_____________________________



Here is the desk drawer in which all of my odds and ends are kept, tidbits that would otherwise never see the light of day.











Monday, December 30, 2013

The Well-Fed Mouser


Pray tell, fat cat, sprawled on my bed, what is that scritch, scritch, scratching I hear in the attic, overhead? Do you think that maybe… do you think you might… get up to investigate before we run plum out of night? Or is that too much bother, with your belly so round? Is it easier to ignore such a mouselike sound? And wait for me to get up and in a huff say, “Crap! Don’t worry yourself! I’ll go set a trap!”     


6 comments:

  1. Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
    Unless of course, they are bringing you gifts - then they are still alive and wriggling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ... I see the cat owns you ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol....Oliver cat brings mice in.....alive and kicking.
    They do indeed own us :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those lazy, laid back moggies! As soon as my cat sees that I'm back with bags of shopping, he expects to find something in it for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things have quieted down upstairs, so either Baker has dealt with the squatters, or they're good and settled in and quietly hibernating.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...