If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?




SC




_____________________________



Here is the desk drawer in which all of my odds and ends are kept, tidbits that would otherwise never see the light of day.











Saturday, January 22, 2011

No-see-'ems

A
He stopped listening to the radio, too; the obvious assault. Though he figured it probably wasn’t any better than riding out a stage-four smog alert indoors. They were still out there, thick in the air, brooding around antennae: The Dow, the death tolls, the Doppler delusions…Dylan. Bad vibes, carcinogens; burn off from exhausted days—Soul cancer; guaranteed.                               

2 comments:

  1. They are still there listened to or not. Take in small doses only or abstain. If taken in large doses drugs may be required. Abstaining does not make them go away but will alleviate that burning itching sensation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Soul cancer." I hope I never truly experience that!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...