If I am repaired, can we meet again for the first time, in all of the places I have feared to go, and then, again, in all of the places I will have forgotten, if I am repaired?




SC




_____________________________



Here is the desk drawer in which all of my odds and ends are kept, tidbits that would otherwise never see the light of day.











Tuesday, January 4, 2011

On Meeting William James, and Other Really Bright Dudes

                                 

I’m coming around to pragmatism:
To the concept of truth as an ever-changing, evolving verb.
To what we hold as truth now, not being the same truth ten years from now.
To the idea of truth needing to be trued; worked and whittled at, until it meets the needs of a group or an individual.
To the world and its many, many truths. 
But, in truth, that could change, come tomorrow.  

3 comments:

  1. Pragmatism is the only way to go.. a practical approach .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once realized, life becomes slightly less confusing. Emphasis on the words "slightly less".

    ReplyDelete
  3. *big grin*
    and with this you pointed out both the beauty and the horror of truth

    ReplyDelete

Feel free...